Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Very Belated--Baja Trip Conclusion

Putting this in as a placeholder more than anything. I did return from Baja. Earlier than originally planned. The water was colder than I expected and I didn't have enough wetsuit to be out for too long. I got some good experience and got up for two rides, but definitely prefer the warmer waters of the central / southern Mexico west coast.

In my experience, Baja is safe. Everyone I interacted with is very nice and despite my VERY limited Spanish, I got along OK. Lots of asking 'how do you say...' (Cómo se dice), and enjoying the smiles and the laughs.

Next time will be a trip with family and maybe more of a caravan. Definitely farther south, and with some time on the Sea of Cortez. This will definitely be the route that we take when heading south on the big trip in several years! Ferry from La Paz to Mazatlan avoids the ugly stuff going on in the border states of the mainland.

I'll come back and post some pics on this post, but need to get on to the next...

No comments:

Post a Comment